NFTs have exploded in popularity over the past several months, and sports NFTs are no different. The NBA got in on the action through a joint venture with the Players Association and Dapper Labs, building a blockchain-based platform that allows fans to buy, sell, and trade NFTs of their favorite players.
With the NBA playoffs well underway, it’s not surprising that many fans are betting on their favorite teams along with collecting NFTs of top players. Several free betting apps make it easy to wager on the NBA and offer promotions for new subscribers.
We’re sure that the playoffs this year will result in fantastic highlight reels that will end up as NFTs once the season is over. Keep reading to learn about some of the most popular and expensive NBA NFTs.
The Most Popular And Expensive NBA NFTs (2023) Updated List.
Below are the popular and expensive NBA NFTs that has caught much attention this year.
1) Lebron James Dunk NBA NFT
Lebron James is arguably the best basketball player of all time. Although the Lakers didn’t make the playoffs this year, James broke new records throughout the season. One of these records was having the most expensive NFT in the NBA Top Shot marketplace. His NFTs have proven so popular that many have sold for several hundred thousand dollars, with one clip of the superstar being valued at $1,000,000. This million-dollar NFT features his dunk on the Sacramento Kings.
- The average sale price for Lebron James Dunk NBA NFT is $59,999.00 USD
- The top Sale Price for Lebron James Dunk NBA NFT is $116,899.80 USD
2) Ja Morant Dunk NBA NFT
As you can see, dunks are the most popular clips for NBA NFTs, so it’s appropriate that one of Ja Morant’s most famous has become one of the most popular NFTs featuring an NBA player. Morant is one of the league’s most prolific dunkers, and this NFT is a clip of him dunking on a defender during his first season in the NBA when he won the Rookie of the Year award.
- The average sale price for Ja Morant Dunk NBA NFT is $22,339.60 USD
- The top Sale Price for Ja Morant Dunk NBA NFT is $100,000.00 USD
3) Fred Vanvleet 3-pointer NBA NFT
This NFT moment captures the Toronto Raptors point guard sinking a pull-up three-pointer off the dribble against the New York Knicks on December 31, 2020. Vanvleet scored 25 points and had seven assists in the Raptors’ New Year’s Eve victory over the Knicks.
- The top Sale Price for Fred Vanvleet 3-pointer NBA NFT is $140,190.00 USD
4) Luka Doncic Dunk NBA NFT
One of this year’s favorites in the NBA’s MVP race has delivered unbelievable poster-worthy moments since he entered the NBA as the third overall pick in 2018. The Dallas Mavericks star had one of his most memorable moments against the Denver Nuggets on March 11, 2020, with a legendary one-handed dunk after splitting the defense and driving to the bucket.
- The top Sale Price for Luka Doncic Dunk NBA NFT is $55,000.00 USD
5) Giannis Antetokounmpo Dunk NBA NFT
Few players can get in the paint and dunk on defenders as effectively as the 2021 NBA Finals MVP Giannis. This poster-worthy moment took place against a crowd of Pacers defenders on November 16, 2019, as Giannis drove to the top of the key before throwing a left-handed dunk over the defense.
- The average sale price for Giannis Antetokounmpo Dunk NBA NFT is $56,799.60 USD
- The top Sale Price for Giannis Antetokounmpo Dunk NBA NFT is $95,000.00 USD
6) Steph Curry Assist NBA NFT
Assists are an integral part of the game of basketball. After all, before we witness the beauty of a Ja Morant or Lebron James dunk, someone has to throw them the ball. This NFT of Steph Curry captures the assist and its importance to the game, depicting Curry going behind his back to set up Andrew Wiggins for an easy bucket.
- The top Sale Price for Steph Curry Assist NBA NFT is $20,000.00 USD
7) Derrick Rose’s Reverse Layup NBA NFT
Rose was the youngest MVP in NBA history, and his acrobatics with basketball was a favorite among NBA fans around the world. So, it’s not surprising that his reverse layup is one of the most famous NBA NFTs. It is so popular that it sold for the same price as one of the Lebron James NFTs.
- The top Sale Price for Derrick Rose’s Reverse Layup NBA NFT is $19,999.00 USD
8) Jayson Tatum 3-pointer NBA NFT
Boston Celtics Forward Tatum gave a masterclass in shaking off the defense with his step-back dribble as he sank a game-tying three-shot against the LA Clippers on November 30, 2019. Paul George fell backward and onto the floor, unable to defend Tatum, who nailed the wide-open three. In the end, Tatum’s heroics weren’t enough to carry his team to victory. The Clippers won the game 107 to 104.
- The top Sale Price for Jayson Tatum’s 3-pointer NBA NFT is $2500 USD